wordadoplicus.com has been updated with a new UI, that aims to make the user experience incrementally better.
- The bottom bar has been replaced with clickable information buttons
- these buttons open up an information "sliver" between them and the board above
- clicking again minimizes this information sliver
- scrolling back to the top will automatically minimize the sliver so that scrolling down will only show the buttons
- one button shows contextual information about whatever game you are playing right now (i.e. if you are involved in a Velociracers game, then the "sliver" will load the information for how to play Velociracers
- ringed glow around game as you hover over top-right user icon
* fixed an egregious bug that was incrementally growing memory for individual users who remained on the board over time (in order to provide the overall score in the parenthesis in the score board, I had erroneously copied the data structure for the previous board into the new board -- this led to a linearly-increasing structure being passed over the websockets wire for each new board. As boards generated every 2 min, then some users who had been present for 2 days were receiving data 1440 X the regular size, and as there were 18 users logged in, then every time a score update went out, it would send 18*1440 more than it needed).. Had to restart the server.